Today I focused on bringing the first part of my short together and making it feel like a much smoother animation by adding more squash and stretch and trying to get the timings right. I did most of this in blocking out and here is a clip of that stage and an image of the animation graph.
The blocking out helped with setting the key frames out and with adding detail that would be a bit harder to do if they was smoothed out. However I did smooth out the animation every now and then to help see if the timings were correct and if the animation was running smooth. If I hadn’t done this my timings would all be off as I had set my timings too far apart and had not realised till I had smoothed out the animation. Here is a clip of the smoothed out animation and an image of the animation graph.
I’m going to continue working on the animation next week and hope to start adding lighting to the scene and render it out for February 5th when the animation is due.